-->

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day


Today is St. Valentines day, so i thought why not collect some facts, jokes about this day.. obviously some weird facts... simple just doesnt go with our Blog, does it????

  • I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day.When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.
  • Early Christians saw Valentine's Day as a way to honor St. Valentine, of whom there were actually three. The Catholic Church recognizes three saints by that name, all who were martyred on February 14
  • In order of popularity, Valentine's Day cards are given to teachers, children, mothers, wives, sweethearts and pets ( i say again, IN THAT ORDER)
  • Women purchase 85% of all valentines cards.
  • 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine's Day are men.
  • In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who their valentines would be. They would wear these names on their sleeves for one week. To wear your heart on your sleeve now means that it is easy for other people to know how you are feeling.
  • The Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare's lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet every Valentine's Day

Now some very touchy Quotes for Your Valentine :-

  • If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand
  • A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous
  • I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love
  • There is no remedy for love but to love more
  • To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best
  • Some love lasts a lifetime. True love lasts forever
  • If love is great, and there are no greater things, then what I feel for you must be the greatest
  • Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart
  • Within you, I lose myself. Without you, I find myself wanting to be lost again

all for the only love of my life... my husband.. Vir

0 Comments: